Police is the problem

2010.06.10(Thursday)

For many reasons Pits and Poisoned Apples haven't post new articles for a while, mainly because lots of things happened, and one of them was my backpack being stolen during a gathering, which contained the passport. Shit happened, and it hurt when you became the one who had to go to Jakarta and listen to everyone's talking bad about Indonesians. That's right, when you came to the  Indonesia government, there's nothing for free. For instance, I ended up spending three days for a stupid police report(for applying for a new passport,) and went between different police stations, imagine what would happened if I paid some "fee?" Things were much easier, I guess. When I spent almost all my money to get here, the Taiwanese officer was so concerned my safety, for I live in the collective house(which of course I did not tell him), he even offered staying in his place for being afraid of raiding by the police. Nevertheless, I still could not get a new passport. it simply throws the problem back to the immigration, for approving my visa. Well done!

Police do not solve the problem: they are the problem. Police is a state corporation itself, which robs people with authorized violence and power. How you justify your fear when you are the one who try tolerating them with bribery, and depending on them to protect your ownership? we do not fix and justify the problem at the same time.

0 意見:

張貼留言